Home

Sashas bad taste

olfey

hi i'm new to the forum but i've been reading around here for a while. also, i've been playing psychonauts for a while, which is the reason i post this.

anyway, there's a thing i observed on which i wanted to hear your opinion

(actually there's two things, but for that see my other threat) .

you surley will remember the ugly lamps Sasha Nein shows to you when he introduces you to the psi-blast. he really dislikes their design, but then, and this is confusing me, why is his psycho-portal-door-thing of a very similar design? i remember the portal of Coach Oleander being in this camouflage-style, so the portals appearance seems to be a matter of choice (or fashion?) to the owner.

so this doesn't make sense to me... do you have any ideas ?

p.s.: please excuse any spelling, grammar or vocabulary mistakes, i'm german

I, personally, don't think they're the same design. The lamps that he hates have a Tiffany's/Art Nouveau look to them. His Mind Portal Door seems to have a Frank Lloyd Wright/Mission Furniture/Art Deco look (just like the design on the sides of the cube that makes up his level).

While we're speaking of the Mind Portals, when I first went through the games, I didn't realize each person had their own version of the mental doorway. I always wondered why Milla had such a big head since the Mind Portal on her forehead seemed so small in comparison to when Sasha used it. It wasn't until much later that I realized her Mind Portal wasn't the same as Sasha's, and of course it would be smaller and "daintier". I can be such a doofus sometimes!

• 2 weeks later...
I, personally, don't think they're the same design. The lamps that he hates have a Tiffany's/Art Nouveau look to them. His Mind Portal Door seems to have a Frank Lloyd Wright/Mission Furniture/Art Deco look (just like the design on the sides of the cube that makes up his level).

While we're speaking of the Mind Portals, when I first went through the games, I didn't realize each person had their own version of the mental doorway. I always wondered why Milla had such a big head since the Mind Portal on her forehead seemed so small in comparison to when Sasha used it. It wasn't until much later that I realized her Mind Portal wasn't the same as Sasha's, and of course it would be smaller and "daintier". I can be such a doofus sometimes!

Same here. Sasha's door is more of a modern art deco thing. The lamps, well...They're like a bad sixties thing. (Milla would probably love them XD ).

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived