Home

New Skins, Areas, and Quests

tnu

I was thinking for some mods for K1/TSL and i thought of some ideas. one in perticular inspired by another user. here it is.

The Trials of Yoda

I was thinking that we could make some Degobah maps by using Kashyyyk Shadowlands with Yoda takign up Jolee's hut. and a cave that would either use the Dantooine Crystle Cave or Korriban that would be similur tot hat expirence in K2. except in K1 you fight Revan and when the body falls the robes fade and your charecters body appears. for K2 we'd use Nhillus. though and instead of Kashyyyk we'd use a Reskinned Dxun Jungle and instead of Revan it'd be Nhillus.

Heya...

Your idea seems good, but there are several points of difficulty:

a) Many players wouldn't like Yoda appear in 4000 bby. Continuity is something of grate value to many players. This is (imo) the reason why The Source's mods tend to do so well. They add something new into the game, without breaking the continuity. The Restoration project, several Tombs and more are also excellent examples of this. :)

b) It's extremely difficult to create a whole new planet, as you describe it.

Mostly, old modules can be stuck together to form a new planet (Like Redhawke's Ord Mantell or the more recent Coruscant Mod), but it would take effort to make them look like 'whole.' For example, another modder here added the module of the Dantooine Crystal cave to Korriban. That is possible, since both textures are rocky and look alike. I don't know about a Korriban/Kashyyk mixture though. It might not look right.

To conclude: it's a very neat idea, but it would just be an enormous amount of work. :(

i'm not talking about including ALL of Korriban just the caves which would act as the Dark Side Cave on Degobah. and i know what you mean about Continuity. and just so you know KOTOR II takes place in 3,951 BBY not 4,000 BBY It's a common misconseption. i'm talking about having it load in to either the Dantooine cave or Korriban cave. not be part of the same area mesh or whatever

Archived