Home

Can't get Handmaiden as party member!!

Dumb-1

Hi all! Newbie here at LucasForums.com but not at KotOR 1/2 (played since KotOR 1 came out)

Seems to be some kind of bug because i can't get Handmaiden as party member. Even if I started a new game nothing happened...

So the situation is;

I'm male. (LS)

I'm done with Telos.

DON'T have Handmaiden. (I've traveled to other planets)

I have all other pary members (+HK47, using KSE to get his parts. Maybe thats the problem?)

*EDIT* I also have several mods installed. (Exile Item Pack, USM, Ebon Hawk's Smugglers Compartment.

So now the question is: how shall I do?

Thanks!/Dumb-1

Seems to be some kind of bug because i can't get Handmaiden as party member.

*EDIT* I also have several mods installed. (Exile Item Pack, USM, Ebon Hawk's Smugglers Compartment.

So now the question is: how shall I do?

Do you have any of these files in your override folder?

a_holorec.ncs

a_play_mov.ncs

a_handmaiden.ncs

holorec.dlg

If so they have been added by some mod which might be broken and cause your game to malfunction. Those files are used with the cutscene with the flashback you get when leaving Telos, during which the Handmaiden joins. If you have them, try moving them out of the override folder before leaving Telos and see if it makes any difference.

Do you have any of these files in your override folder?

a_holorec.ncs

a_play_mov.ncs

a_handmaiden.ncs

holorec.dlg

If so they have been added by some mod which might be broken and cause your game to malfunction. Those files are used with the cutscene with the flashback you get when leaving Telos, during which the Handmaiden joins. If you have them, try moving them out of the override folder before leaving Telos and see if it makes any difference.

Searched in my override folder; Nope, nothing. Can it be some other file?

Searched in my override folder; Nope, nothing. Can it be some other file?

The only other ones I can think of would be if you have a 950COR.mod (not .rim, those must be there) file in your Modules folder, or if you have a p_handmaiden.utc file in the override folder.

Oh, and have you changed the gender of your character with KSE after you started the game?

Could just be some other obscure bug you've run across, but it seems a bit odd if you encounter that in several games.

Yes, I changed gender after I started the game, or not. I think I only changed appearence... But i think I changed gender.

If you did change gender that might be the cause. In addition to the Gender field the game also stores the gender of the character in a global variable that's set at the start of the game (to allow checking the Exile's gender while your party members are on their solo missions, presumably).

Check if the 000_PLAYER_GENDER global boolean variable in your savegame is set to a value other than 0 (false), and that your character's gender is set to Male.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived