Home

[TSL] editing walkrate

SykoRevan

I'm trying to slow down the PC's walkrate, since now when the PC walks, it looks like he's trying to hurry to the bathroom. I edited creaturespeed.2da and chaged the row labeled "PC_Movement" and chaged the column "walkrate" to 1.25. However, when going into the game, the PC still walks in the same speed. Is there more to it than editing creaturespeed.2da?

I'm trying to slow down the PC's walkrate, since now when the PC walks, it looks like he's trying to hurry to the bathroom. I edited creaturespeed.2da and chaged the row labeled "PC_Movement" and chaged the column "walkrate" to 1.25. However, when going into the game, the PC still walks in the same speed. Is there more to it than editing creaturespeed.2da?

This is controlled in the appearance.2da file for each individual appearance type (line). The columns driveanimwalk and driveanimrun control the speed of the movement animations. Higher values results in a slower animation, lower means faster animations.

To adjust the actual speed the character moves around see the columns drivemaxspeed and moverate. The driveaccl column determines how long it takes for the character to go from standing still to reaching full speed when starting to move (which can be used to emulate low-G environments).

This is controlled in the appearance.2da file for each individual appearance type (line). The columns driveanimwalk and driveanimrun control the speed of the movement animations. Higher values results in a slower animation, lower means faster animations.

To adjust the actual speed the character moves around see the columns drivemaxspeed and moverate. The driveaccl column determines how long it takes for the character to go from standing still to reaching full speed when starting to move (which can be used to emulate low-G environments).

Thanks stoffe, I tested it, and it works. Now I just have to find a walk speed that I like. Thanks again for the help. Now the only thing I'm wondering is what in the heck creaturespeed.2da is used for :p

Archived