Home

Changing profile names / editing .profile files?

jackthorn

I have a profile I've worked on for a while now, mainly getting as many of the medals up to Legendary as I can. However, I'm looking into a clan that would want me to change my profile-name / screen-name by adding the clan initials or logo.

Is creating a new profile with no medals and no controller settings the ONLY way to do this?!?

I can't believe that just wanting to change my screen-name from JackTHorn to {TKGC}JackTHorn means I lose all my medals and months worth of time and effort put in. But it seems like this is the case. Even when I try to go into the GameData/SaveGames folder, find the ".profile" file, and change the file name, it only changes it on the profile selection menu. In the game, it's still the same name, unchanged.

So my thoughts now turn to the possibility of editing the .profile file... is it possible? Maybe some way that I can just cut and paste the medals-data from my original profile, and insert it into the new profile with the new name, so I don't have to spend ten months getting back to where I am right now. But I can't seem to open the file or edit it. Anyone?

Any thoughts or ideas? I can't be the first or only person to have run into this issue. Has anyone found a workaround that works?

J~TH

• 3 weeks later...

Archived