Home

Crash at the beginning of year 2

revengeful

i'm playing on vista, from the hard drive using the new launcher. i've gotten used to restarting after all the random sound glitches/crashes, but now i'm getting a crash in the same place everytime at the beginning of year two, right after the cut scene. Manny walks around the balcony and begins to say "well, looks like a qui-".

The game crashes here every time. I think one of the files might be corrupted but i have no idea which one or how to go about replacing them.

I'd say talk to Stickywolf, and check out his thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180501

we usually get a lot of questions relating to xp machines, but vista is a whole new ball game.

Are you playing off of a CD or a file that you downloaded? If a CD, is it scratched anywhere? Are you playing disc by disc or did you install the whole game to your hardrive from the two cds?

Have you tried compatibility mode? This might not work with vista though considering how anti-compatibile they want to become so you keep buying their products.

I'd say talk to Stickywolf, and check out his thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180501

we usually get a lot of questions relating to xp machines, but vista is a whole new ball game.

Are you playing off of a CD or a file that you downloaded? If a CD, is it scratched anywhere? Are you playing disc by disc or did you install the whole game to your hardrive from the two cds?

Have you tried compatibility mode? This might not work with vista though considering how anti-compatibile they want to become so you keep buying their products.

i installed the whole game from CD, i don't have the disc with me so i can't check it for scratches at the moment. I'm playing straight off the hard drive using Benny's launcher.

Playing in compatibility mode causes the stuttering problem in cutscenes i've seen others complaining about. in addition it doesn't help much; Manny now finishes the line "well, looks like a quiet night in old Rubacava" before everything crashes.

i made a shortcut like stickywulf suggested, that skips right to the part with Manny controllable on the balcony after the line. i can take three or four steps before it crashes.

Archived