Home

Mass DLG/UTI/UTC/MOD Language Converter

I'm unsure whether this thread should go in Modding request or in Modding tools.

Whatever.

I cannot make such request without thanking tk102 first for his great Language Converter. Most of you guys don't know the pain of downloading some Mod like the USM without having any description/name of the sabers you pick up, or some Mod like CSA with blank dialogues. Thanks a lot for having changed that.

Now I was wondering, when you have a Mod like the USM (I'll stick with this one) with 26 DLG files and 383 UTI files, is there a talented scripter who could create a tool to translate these files at a faster rate than one by one ?

- That was the annoying and complaining French dude of the day :p

Now I was wondering, when you have a Mod like the USM (I'll stick with this one) with 26 DLG files and 383 UTI files, is there a talented scripter who could create a tool to translate these files at a faster rate than one by one ?

I think the language converter can mass-convert files if you run it from the commandline, there should be some switch you can use for that.

Or, if you only use English-language mods you can just change the language setting of your game in the dialog.tlk file to English. This will not affect any of the standard text in the game, but text added by all English mods will be shown properly without any need for conversion.

(Ow, I just understood what the last part of the readme meant... I feel stup'...)

I typed the following in my commandline, didn't work. I'm aware I surely made a mistake, but I can't figure where.

d:\bureau\dlgconv_05\dlgconv -i "D:\Bureau\dlgconv_05\test\*.uti -t 3

... Where \test is the folder where my .uti are located.

<edit />Never mind. At all. Got it. I feel awfully newb once again...

<span class="lyric">There were all these files on the screen, appearing one after one, and each one had an "OK" mark, and, ow, that was... Beautiful...</span>

Anyway, er, I guess this thread is to be closed. Tk102's tool appears to be perfectly able to translate several files at once...

I vaguely recall the original code for the language converter's bulk mode had an odd behavior in the way it handled relative paths vs. absolute paths. Glad you got it working though Gavroche.

If in the future you want to do more converting, you might want to use the GUI version of this editor. It's prettier.

click

Archived