Home

The Dark Side flows through me!

Deceive

So this is kinda funny.

I just got TSL, and I finished kotor last night, I went to install, everything fully installs, as soon as I run game...crash...ok...restart...boots up, start TSL, crash...ok...shut down...boots up, start TSL, crashes...ok i'm feeling the dark side in me now. *slaps computer*. I then procede to do some research on how to fix it, start defragging, 3 hours later...still defragging...I get bored and play JK2, log out, computer freezes...once again feeling the dark side...*slap computer*, screen goes black, restarts, takes 5 minutes to boot, "Operating System not found."

Might as well called me Darth mother ****ing Vader at this point.

So tomarrow I get to take my Laptop to a repair shop! yay :D

Oh, note, dont buy Sony or Vaio products. :vsd:

Yay, my first post on these forums.

Well, on the note of you taking your laptop to a repair shop..

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 don't run on laptops. Vaio or Dell or HP or whatever, it's most likely it won't run on laptops. I don't want to get into the technical detailing of it all, but that's how it is. If I were you, I'd just go for a desktop computer with a recent graphics card and all.

Have fun. :)

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 don't run on laptops. Vaio or Dell or HP or whatever, it's most likely it won't run on laptops. I don't want to get into the technical detailing of it all, but that's how it is. If I were you, I'd just go for a desktop computer with a recent graphics card and all.
:eyeraise: I played the original KotOR on a Dell Inspiron laptop with a GeForce 4 Go 440 graphics card and it worked fine for me. I think one of the key things to remember when buying a notebook PC for gaming is to get one that comes with either NVIDIA or ATI discrete graphics. One will generally have much more success playing games on notebook PC's with discrete graphics than the ones that use integrated graphics solutions.

But I did decide to build a new desktop PC to play KotOR II. ;)

Archived