Home

Graphics/freezing issue

Thurbane

HI all,

I have a very odd problem. I bought and installed the EAW/FOC pack so I could play multiplayer LAN games with my flatmate.

Anyway, EAW was running fine and well for about 3 days, then all of a sudden, it decided to throw a wobbly. Now when I tried to do any battles, I get the overhead view for a split second then everything goes blank, except the tool bars. The game then slows to a snails pace and becomes unresponsive. Its the same in ground and space battles.

The crazy thing is the cinematic view still works fine. Also, if it had have been like this right from the start I would understand, but to run fine for a few days then do this? Truly bizarre. AFAIK, I have not changed any software, hardware or setting in those days.

On top of that, FOC works just fine, without this issue.

Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but this happened the first time I tried to do a battle on Hoth.

All of my drivers and direct X are up to date.

I have reinstalled the games TWICE but it seemd to make no difference, no did fiddling with the graphics settings (I tried the fix in the stick thread, did not help).

Here's my PC details:

P4 1.8ghz

Geforce Ti4600 128mb

512mb RAM

Creative SB Audigy LS

...it is probably noteworthy that my graphics card does have some issues, with the colour occasionally losing all red signal giving the screen a "blue wash" effect.

Archived