Home

a complete weapons overhaul?

Oddball_E8

i was thinking the other day when i was working on my soundmod, that you hardly ever use disruptors and the more exotic weapons...

mainly because there are some upgradeable weapons available quite early... and once you start upgrading, using standard weapons becomes quite unlikely...

but what if we made all weapons upgradeable? not to the same extent as the "special" ones mind you... just like a +1 accuracy for adding a scope and such...

that would make those standard weapons a bit more versitile...

another thing is the standard blaster rifles that are completely useless...

they do basically the same damage as a pistol, and you can shoot 3 times instead of 2, but if you use 2 pistols you get 4 shots and when using powerblast you get 2 shots instead of 1!

if you also have the dualwield feat you can be almost as accurate as a normal blaster rifle.

anywho... ive been thinking about doing this, but i cant seem to wrap my head around how to use the various .gff utilities... except for the standard one in kotortool, but that one doesnt work...

so would anyone be interested in helping me out here?

Editing weapon properties is easy, I've already done quite a few for myself... thanks to your inspiration. :) It's not really hard, just time consuming.

Bifs -> templates -> items brings up a list of all the items in the game. Head down to g_w_ (for gear_weapons_) . Open say, g_w_blstrrfl001.uti . Click the properties tab and see... no properties. Double-click the star on the left of the row. Select Enhancement Bonus, then a Value of 1, then Upgrade of Scope. Voila done.

No need for gff editing.

• 2 weeks later...

great... ill start doing that soon then...

i might just go for a more TSL approach... that each upgrade does the same for all weapons, but since there is only one kind of upgrade maby varying the effect by the kind of weapon (blaster, disruptor etc) might be a better idea...

however, making each weapon uniquely upgradeable (ie. standardblaster, echaniblaster etc all different) is a bit too much

Hmmm, one question. would this be for TSl or K1? i just re-read your first post, and i noticed that you didn't actually specify which one you wanted this for.

TSL would be excellent, (seeing as i currently only own TSL), however, i was thinking about buying K1 sometime, and this might give me the excuse.

Although if this would be for K1 i would not be able to start on it immediately, as i have several TSL that i am working on as well.

~DR

Archived