Home

Can't access LFNetwork Sites

Tanesh

Hi,

I have the problem that I can't access any site from the LFNetwork since October. First I thought it was a general (though long lasting) problem with the server, but then I noticed that others could access lucasforums.com etc. I guess it could be a problem with my provider, because my brother has the same connection problems. I'm able to access the sites while using an external proxy, but since this connection is very slow this way, I'm wondering if it's possible to, uh, fix this somehow. I use a router, but don't have much experience with it. I just don't know where I could start or if there's even a workaround for it. :giveup: I'm grateful for any ideas. :(

Hi! :)

No, I can't ping them. It exceeds the time limit.

Connecting directly to my modem is not possible, because it's not on the same floor. Originally my room was part of the attic, it was not intended to have a TV, phone or internet connection. ;) We had to run the cables through the ceiling and several rooms. Wireless lan was not invented back then. :p

Follow-up on router: Is your router in some inaccessible place? If it's near a computer, you should be able to take the modem-router cable and plug it into your PC. If the router is near the modem, you should be able to take the PC-router cable and plug it into the modem.

Testing another PC: Do you have another computer that uses the same router? If so, can you access the site from there?

Tracert: From a command prompt, how far out do you get when you run:

tracert http://www.starwarsknights.com

Ok, I connected my PC directly with the modem, but got a limited connectivity error. Have to try that again tomorrow.

The problem with the site access is for all my PCs.

I also tried the tracert command. There was a timeout at 2, then it continued until 19, 20 - 30 was again a timeout.

Archived