Home

Help with Palpatine Mod Please

wjs7744

Hi there, I am looking for help with a little mod I am trying to make. I read the sticky on XML mods, and it has been very helpful with some minor mods I have made before. However, I am now trying something a little more ambitious, have run into a problem, and have come here to see if any of the more experienced modders can help me out. Basically, I am trying to give Palpatine the Eclipse the same way that Vader has the Executor. At first I tried copying over the relevant parts from his entry:

<CategoryMask> LandHero | SpaceHero </CategoryMask>

<Attach_To_Flagship_During_Space_Battle>No</Attach_To_Flagship_During_Space_Battle>

<Stay_In_Transport_During_Ground_Battle>No</Stay_In_Transport_During_Ground_Battle>

<Always_Spawn_In_Orbit>Yes</Always_Spawn_In_Orbit>

<Unique_Space_Unit>Executor_Super_Star_Destroyer</Unique_Space_Unit>

When I did this it worked fine, except of course that the Executor has Vader's sounds, which I can fix later. However, when I changed it to:

<Unique_Space_Unit>Eclipse_Super_Star_Destroyer</Unique_Space_Unit>

The game crashes with an exception. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, and/or what I need to do to fix it?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the game crashes when I enter combat with Palpy, if it makes any difference.

Archived