Home

Help! Crrrrrash!

Monaco5

So, a week ago I bought the Best of PC pack. Finally got around to installing and playing EAW today, but...About a few minutes into the first mission, my screen went all black, then blue (I think its a BSOD...but its blank) And my PC Restarted. Hm...

So, I reinstalled, and it seemed to work, except it happened after about 20 minutes this time. After another reinstallation, it kept occuring. It happens maybe 20 seconds into starting up the game, before I even get off the main menu. So it doesnt seem to care if im in game, or just at on the menus.

Im told that since its the Best of PC pack, it is already completely patched, and after searching for an hour or two, I havent been able to find anyone with similar problems. Now, I can play SWG, CS:S, BF2, JO:E...so it is just a problem with this one game, not everything.

my PC specs are

AMD Athlon 3200+ XP

1gb ram

ATI X800XT AIW

1 80gb HD, 2 160GB HD's

I have a Dxdiag I can post as well, if that helps.

Well, I uninstalled my graphics drivers, and reinstalled the Catalyst 8.2's, which are the most up to date, but it still crashed, same way. Maybe the 8.2 drivers just dont like EAW? Ill try to find the Omega drivers, and see if they work.

Well as of now it seems to be fixed! I uninstalled everything related to the Catalyst 8.2 drivers, and installed the latest Omega Drivers (1/18/08) which are based off the Catalyst 7.2 drivers, curiously enough. After that, no more crashing! So, I think EAW just doesnt like the 8.2 drivers too much.

Archived