Home

[K1] Issues with the Ebon Hawk's Workbench

patient_zero

As the title suggests, my workbench has ceased to... work on my latest K1 playthrough. As this hasn't happened before, it's probably a mod conflict (I'm having a go of the "heavily modded" style of playthrough).

However, I'm not quite sure which one. Does anyone know specifically what mods could conflict with the Ebon Bench, or any 2da lines which affect it? I don't think it's a general upgradeable item issue, as I was able to use Dantooine's bench just fine. The only other workbench altering mod I have is the Korriban Workbench, but this isn't Korriban so I don't think that's causing the problem.

I had the same problem. I asked basically the same question on Hallowan labs a while ago and the answer was to list out all the mods loaded and maybe someone could look into it. I have been to lazy to list them all out. BTW the korriban workbench did not spawn for me. I wondered if it had to do with the return to Taris mod. I had issues with it as well, and when I tried to remove it the warp droid remained behind. Maybe I'll try and but the list of all the mods I had together to help out.

• 2 months later...
I had the same problem. I asked basically the same question on Hallowan labs a while ago and the answer was to list out all the mods loaded and maybe someone could look into it. I have been to lazy to list them all out. BTW the korriban workbench did not spawn for me. I wondered if it had to do with the return to Taris mod. I had issues with it as well, and when I tried to remove it the warp droid remained behind. Maybe I'll try and but the list of all the mods I had together to help out.

Like you both my workbench on the Ebon Hawk didn't function and I had the Korriban Academy workbench mod added in which also did not end up spawning at the academy (which now I'm suspecting was the problem) but removing the mod didn't help. It was fixed when I reinstalled and reworked all my mods and got rid of the Korriban Academy bench and played through again. I did also get rid of a few other mods and add some new ones in, so I don't want to be viewed as "bashing" the Korriban Academy bench author because his mod does work, it just conflicted with something else I had that I'm unsure of.

Not sure what to tell you in how to fix the problem in your current game, like I said I ended up just finishing the game then reworking my addons for the second playthrough and it was all good. I did uninstall it from a point at the beginning of Korriban on the first playthrough but it was still broken until after I had been to the unknown planet when it mysteriously started working again, but I think I was supposed to uninstall it pre-korriban to see if it fixed it. Hope you get it all squared away.

Like you both my workbench on the Ebon Hawk didn't function and I had the Korriban Academy workbench mod added in which also did not end up spawning at the academy (which now I'm suspecting was the problem) but removing the mod didn't help. It was fixed when I reinstalled and reworked all my mods and got rid of the Korriban Academy bench and played through again. I did also get rid of a few other mods and add some new ones in, so I don't want to be viewed as "bashing" the Korriban Academy bench author because his mod does work, it just conflicted with something else I had that I'm unsure of.

Not sure what to tell you in how to fix the problem in your current game, like I said I ended up just finishing the game then reworking my addons for the second playthrough and it was all good. I did uninstall it from a point at the beginning of Korriban on the first playthrough but it was still broken until after I had been to the unknown planet when it mysteriously started working again, but I think I was supposed to uninstall it pre-korriban to see if it fixed it. Hope you get it all squared away.

Yeah, I had the exactly same problemn, and it appeared after installing Korriban workbench mod!

Well the workbench mod is only half the problem, there has to be another mod that it is conflicting with to create the final problem as the mod by itself works fine. That is why people asked for a listing of mods that each person had installed was to find the second conflicting mod. Anyway, this thread is also at holowan and if anyone wants to try and identify what mod is conflicting with it, just post in that thread your other installed mods so we have everything in one place to find the second conflicting mod and hopefully figure out a fix for the issue.

Watcher is right not sure if an admin wants to merge these threads or just leave it be, but you will get more help/input in the Hollowan Labs.

Thread HERE

I haven't had time to play for a few months so we'll see if I can get into the .2da editing when i'm ready to play again and see if I can make the mods I want play nice together.

• 1 month later...

Tell me what mods you are running and i'll see if there are any conflicts because i have almost every mod for kotor 1. I am currently running about 20 mods at the same time with no conflicts. If the mod is installed with a TSL Patcher, it will modify a previously installed file instead of overwriting it.

Archived