Home

Help Please

Staalker

I bought EAW and FoC a while ago, but I was sent to Iraq. Now that I am home I have installed and enjoy the single-player game.

However, my son wanted to play with me, so we bought a second copy of the game and installed it on his computer.

I host a LAN game and it doesn't show up in the list to join. The same is true if he hosts.

We can chat and see each other in the lobby, and when the "create game" button is pushed to host the game will show up for about two seconds on the game list on the opposite machine, but then it disappears.

I have truned off the WIndows firewall on both machines, and there are no other firewalls present. I even turned off the Anti-virus on both machines.

I have played with every possible combination of network settings, but I am pretty sure I had them set-up correctly by default.

I did a search on google and even on lucasforums for help, but found no one else having the same issue as we are. We CAN see each other in the lobby.

Also, when I create the game, all the slots say "Open". Shouldn't my name show up in the first slot?

I appreciate any help. Cheers.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Hi there.

Have you read through our step by step guide on how to set up LAN games? It is image heavy but should be of some use, especially if you are playing through a router - as it appears here

I read the sticky post in this forum, it gave instructions to add an exception to the Windows firewall, which I already knew how to do and had tried.

But as I said, I turned the firewall off.

I'm thinking the problem isn't related to firewalls or network connections.

I don't know what the game setup screen is supposed to look like, but I have extensive experience in RTS MP gaming and I just don't think it's right.

WHen I host a game the setup screen opens and I choose a map, on the far right side ALL the player slots say "OPEN". I can set them to AI or close them, I can set faction and I can choose teams for ALL of them.

Shouldn't one of the player slots have my name listed?

I reinstalled the game to see if it was a bad install, but the issue is still there.

Here are a couple of screenshots of my game setup as host. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

5607d0c2b140dfc48807b4435920a6415g.jpg

77800648cda6ada33c1336aeda8309a45g.jpg

Okay, well, any help here?

I hate to trash this game, but I have spent 24 hours messing with it and it won't work.

I have absolutely no problems with other games on LAN. We even play MMO's without trouble.

I would really appreciate some help, but if it's a lost cause...gg.

Archived