Home

Changes are not being saved permanently

Dash_HB

Hi,

I just started to play JK Outcast. Unfortunately, I am not able to save my settings concerning graphic and controls permanently. Each time I start the game I have to set all the options again. I have updated the game to version 1.04 and I´m running XP SP 2.

I´ve been searching lots of forums and fansites for a solution, but I wasn´t successfull.

Would be grateful for any hints.

Thanks a lot

in the base folder ,is the game creating a joconfig cfg file?the game has to have this,without it you will have to keep inputting the settings.check to see if you have a file like this there should be one for sp and mp.

This is probably because you are joining servers that running DC Mod etc...

If you go into your JK2 folder you will see your 'Base' folder as well as folders for for the the admin mods that your favorite servers have running. Copy the 'jk2mpconfig' file and paste into those mod folders, e.g. dcmod, jamod what have you. This is if your preferred settings were made on a server thats not running these mods so you should see which config file you want to keep.

Sorry, up to now, I´m playing SP only, so there shouldn´t be any problems with mods etc.

However, there the concerning files are existing in the base folder, jk2config.cfg and jk2mpconfig.cfg. They´re not writing protected or something like that.

Edit: Okay, the problem´s solved. Thanks for your help, thread may be closed or erased or whatever :).

Archived