Home

An Imprinted Modification

Aren T'dvrah

I just re-installed KotOR after about three months of absence. I've downloaded all my mods and installed everything, and now I'm ready to play.

One of the mods I installed was 90SK's K1 Robes (and its patch). Though, I came across the Jedi VS Sith Apprentice duel in the Endar Spire and noticed that the Jedi was wearing the robe skin from [K1] Jedi Robes Replacement Pack by Don Kain. Actually, I remember seeing the same thing when I played the game fresh after installation (just to make sure the game was installed correctly), but I just didn't notice the robes then.

I never installed this mod after recently re-installing KotOR, but a few months ago before I uninstalled KotOR I did use Don Kain's robe mod.

I don't understand how Don Kain's robes are still in my game after I uninstalled the game and even after I installed a new robe mod this time. It's as if Don Kain's mod is imprinted in my game...it's the same disc. (best of pc version) and everything.

I tried uninstalling the game again, I deleted every single file I had downloaded. In fact, I deleted the entire KotOR folder under LucasArts. This didn't make a difference. So, I "explored" the actual drive with the disc. in it, and I found no mods or anything. I can't find any trace of it. I don't see how the robes would be that of Don Kain's mod when the files are no where to be found and a new mod has been installed to overwrite the default skins.

If anyone can shed some light on this, provide a solution, or just let me know that I'm not the only one that this has happened to, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Aren

Are you using vista? if you are then you have to go into the kotor folder and click on compatibility files (it will apear once you go into the folder) delete everything there and all previously installed mods should be gone.

If you are on windows XP go to

username/Appdata/local/virtualstore/program files/lucasarts/SWkotor

and delete every thing

thats how I've had to do it

Are you using vista? if you are then you have to go into the kotor folder and click on compatibility files (it will apear once you go into the folder) delete everything there and all previously installed mods should be gone.

I am using Vista. I went into my KotOR folder, but I don't see anything labeled "compatibility files". I tried typing it in the search box in My Computer and nothing came up. I also tried looking in the actual disc drive and I found nothing. Is it labeled "compatibility files" or is it within another file or something?

Okay, well I did looked it up and found out that the cf's were on the toolbar in the KotOR folder. When I clicked it, there was an empty saves folder, the launcher shortcut, and the swkotor.ini. I deleted those three things, and I still got nothing. Thanks for the try, though. Any other solutions or an idea on why this didn't work?

I tried the Skip Taris mod to check out the Jedi at Dantooine and found that they all have the default robes. I guess the one on the Endar Spire is just a glitch or something. Anyway, everything looks fine. I really appreciate the help. Thanks, jessefett.

Archived