Home

[K1 - WIP] Recruitment mod bugs

Alrighty, if I can solve these minor issues, then I can release my first mod for beta testing (yay! :)) anyway, there are 3 minor issues that I haven't been able to figure out for my recruitment mod, which you can find here. If anyone can help figure out what's wrong, it'd be great.

1. If I save or exit & reenter the area, another copy of Zaen appears, even if I've already killed/recruited him. How can I stop those clones from appearing?

-- Edit --

Changed from an onEnter spawn script to a dialog spawn script and only one of him appears. Apparently, this somehow fixed the blaster bolt killing him thing...

2. After recruiting Zaen, it shows his first dialog option, but after I talk to him about it, you can listen to it again and again, instead of moving on to the next dialog option. How can I make the first one disappear and move Zaen's dialog to the next sequence?

3. During the talk-fight-talk sequence necessary to recruit him, he occasionally dies when one of your party members hit him with a blaster bolt; even though he's neutral and shouldn't be open to attack. This doesn't happen when using melee weapons. How can I keep those blaster bolts from killing him?

-- Edit --

Solved (I think)

4. On Zaen's alignment page, he appears very low, so his legs are cut off and his head is about halfway in the alignment box. How can I fix this?

-- Edit --

I read in RedHawke's recruitment readme that b/c T3 is shorter than the other members of your party, his place on the alignment screen is lower than the others. This trait is apparently passed on to Zaen. No biggie. However, if anyone knows a way to mend it though... ;)

Picture example:

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7058/zaenalignmenterrorex8.th.jpg

I know its a lot to ask, but you can just answer one or two of my questions, any help is appreciated!

1- Im the RECRUIT Npc, did you discheck the "No permanent death" or used a script for destroying it?

2-The npc that will be at the area you recruit him, should have different dialog.

E.g.:Not in my party: recruit_zaen, in your party: zaen_dlg

3-???

4- See "3".

My poor english 8)

No, I made sure he can die a permanent death (there is an option to kill him and loot his corpse.) So that isn't the problem. I think its something to do with the script he spawns in to.

And I actually do have 2 separate dialogs, however, the one when he joins the party and talks about his past has 3 parts, his early life, his murder of the Jedi, and his arrival on Dantooine. Its supposed to progress like Bastila and the other party member's romance/history dialog. However, it just shows the option for the first one, his early life, and won't let me progress. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Archived