Home

Weapon / Upgrade details

ElecManEXE

So I'm to the point in my current playthrough where I start making a load of upgrades for my weapons, and in looking through my options I realize that I still don't understand what some of these things "mean". Damage is easy, critical range is pretty understandable, but some of the other things have me stumped. I've mostly just ignored them in past playthroughs, but maybe I ought to figure them out instead, and since I'm now a member of a forum where I can ask and probably get a good answer...

Like Keen. What exactly does an upgrade that adds Keen do, anyway? I always figured it was something to do with criticals, but there's an actual critical stat, so it seems redundant. Either that or accuracy. Which is still redundant.

I don't get some of the status effects, either. Take Stun DC18 25% for 2 Rounds from one of the scopes. Stun is self-explanitory, and the rounds are simple. 25% is just shorthand on the upgrade, and I think it becomes "25% chance" when its actually in a weapon. Which I think means that every hit has a 25% chance of "activating" the stun and calling up a resist roll, correct? But what save modifier do these status effects go off of? Reflex? Willpower? Or is it just a straight 1d20 roll with no mods?

What is the Slow effect that weapons and upgrades have? Are the effects the same as the Slow dark side power, or something different?

Regarding Ion weapons... do they actually do less than listed damage vs non-droids as they game seems to hint at, or is the value listed the damage they do to any opponent, with the "Damage to Droids" stat being added on top of that if used against a droid?

And last, Attribute Damage. Like Dex damage from Sonic weapons. How long does it actually last, and can you stack more damage if you keep getting successfull rolls? How much damage does it actually do, for that matter. Just 1 point? Do stronger weapons cause more damage, or are they all the same? On a tangent, what about Plague? It does attribute damage per second, but how long does that damage last? Does it wear off as soon as the 12 seconds (I believe) are up, so that they get progressively weaker and then at 12 seconds boom full strength again, or does it last beyond that?

Thanks in advance for any answers. I know there are a lot of questions :o

Keen

As far as the others go, I would imagine it's listed somewhere. May want to check the manual for this stuff in case it's there. Otherwise the 2DA's are a great place to look.

Then again some smart-pants modder here is sure to know off the top of their head, whereas I'd have to go home and look. I don't think my boss would like that though. :p

Like Keen. What exactly does an upgrade that adds Keen do, anyway? I always figured it was something to do with criticals, but there's an actual critical stat, so it seems redundant. Either that or accuracy. Which is still redundant.
Keen doubles your critical threat range. For instance if you applied a keen upgrade to a weapon with 19-20, you'd then have a weapon with 17-20.

25% is just shorthand on the upgrade, and I think it becomes "25% chance" when its actually in a weapon. Which I think means that every hit has a 25% chance of "activating" the stun and calling up a resist roll, correct?
Correct.

But what save modifier do these status effects go off of? Reflex? Willpower? Or is it just a straight 1d20 roll with no mods?
Generally speaking it's going to be a Will save.

What is the Slow effect that weapons and upgrades have? Are the effects the same as the Slow dark side power, or something different?
Yep. Decrease speed of movement for the duration of the effect.

Regarding Ion weapons... do they actually do less than listed damage vs non-droids as they game seems to hint at, or is the value listed the damage they do to any opponent, with the "Damage to Droids" stat being added on top of that if used against a droid?
Ion damage is ion damage. It is particularly useful against sheilds. It is particularly damaging to droids (as indicated by the damage bonuses).

And last, Attribute Damage. Like Dex damage from Sonic weapons. How long does it actually last, and can you stack more damage if you keep getting successfull rolls?
Good question. I think I know the answer but I'd rather not guess.

How much damage does it actually do, for that matter. Just 1 point?
IIRC, yes.

Do stronger weapons cause more damage, or are they all the same? On a tangent, what about Plague? It does attribute damage per second, but how long does that damage last?
I believe it says in the spell desciption but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for any answers. I know there are a lot of questions :o
I hope that helps.

And last, Attribute Damage. Like Dex damage from Sonic weapons. How long does it actually last, and can you stack more damage if you keep getting successfull rolls?

If I remember correctly the sonic weapons reduce the ability score by 1 for each successful hit (stacking), where each penalty applied lasts for 30 seconds.

No, I don't think going home to look up info on a game would be very well recieved ;). The manual doesn't go into many specifics, unfortunately. Probably didn't want to confuse people.

Thanks guys, helps clear some stuff up.

The crit cap means there's no sense adding Keen if you've already maxed the threat range, right? I remember reading that it caps at a certain number (I want to say 6-20, but I don't know how accurate my memory is) regardless of what numbers it actually shows, and I'm guessing Keen won't bypass that.

And just to clarify about Ion... 2-12 Ion damage will do just as much damage as 2-12 Energy vs an unshielded non-droid opponent, and better against shields and droids? All this time I've been avoiding Ion weapons altogether except on G0-T0's yacht, thinking it'd actually do less. So many blue lasers missed out on :roleyess:

And just to clarify about Ion... 2-12 Ion damage will do just as much damage as 2-12 Energy vs an unshielded non-droid opponent, and better against shields and droids?
I'm nearly certain that the answer is yes. The problem is that ion weapons are almost always weaker than energy weapons.

Archived