Home

Lightsaber Rest Position

Robespierre

Everyone that's ever watched Star Wars (which will be everyone here) will know that in the movies, the Jedi always stored their lightsabers on their belts. They didn't carry them around everywhere, and they didn't store them in an invisible (yet infinitely large) inventory pouch.

With the advancements in animations (kudos to Settoken and SithSpecter) I was wondering if it was even slightly possible to make the rest position of lightsabers (ie, when they deactivate after being unused for a while) to be on your belt, rather than their always being in your hands. Obviously the same would not be possible for blasters and swords, as they just physically can't fit on your belt without cutting off your limbs :D.

I have no idea how this would be possible, so I'm just putting the question out there. I don't know if its been asked before (but I assume it has), so if anyone with any knowledge in this area could post their input, it'd be appreciated.

I think that's a great idea :D Having lightsaber(s) all the time in hand(s) was always wierd to me :xp:

I think that it wouldn't even need new animation for placing lightsaber on and off belt, it would just require to 'jump' to hand (like Yoda vs. Dooku when Yoda used the Force to pull his lightsaber off his belt). So new animation would be nice but not necessary in my opinion :) Now someone *only* has to find a way to place lightsaber on a belt :xp:

Archived