Home

How to skin

M@RS

I've been wanting to skin for SWBF2 and I have the SWBF2 mod tools, is that all I need, and could someone point me to a good skinning tutorial, or tell me how to easily make my own skin? Thanks for any help :)
Read the Docs that come with the Mod Tools they explains everything you need to know about how to create sides, maps, etc. First of read the "how to create your own side tutorial" so you'll know the basics about sides. After you've read all of them you can go to GameToast.com for more help with the Mod Tools and go to the Modding FAQ or click here. A good skinning program is Gimp but if you have Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Picture it! those are better.

Thanks, but when I tried to get the Mod Tools, it said that it couldn't find some .dll document or something like that...
You mean when you tried to open the BF2_modtools.exe? That's just a different exe for the SWBF2 game with cheats enabled (that goes in <SWBF2 Directory>/GameData). To create a world go into your Start Menu/LucasArts/Star Wars Battlefront II/Mod Tools and click on the Star Wars Battlefront II Mod Tools and you can go on from there.

Archived