Home

Bane's (novels description) lightsaber anyone???

Darth Avlectus

Hey yall.

I'm back after, like, forever. Anyhow. I'd like to request a mod for Darth Banes Lightsaber FROM THE NOVELS (path of destruction and rule of two). Unlike the one in the comics, the one in the novel's description has "an unusual slight curve in the hilt, giving it a 'hooked' appearance". Deep dark red "ruby" blade is also in its description.

If you want you can either create a red that has a ruby hue (so fuller, deeper, and darker red)

Or you can try out red with tinge of purple, burgundy-ish but still unmistakeably red hue......like the same color--no strange blade--as chainz 2-da's star forge lightsaber crystal.

Or the orange red blade color with a golden core from the "heart of the force" mod. Awesome color scheme.

Any of those colors would look appealing. (why not include all 3 colors w/ screenshots so the player can simply decide which one at installation?)

I'd also guess the closest model fot it is mav's curved hilt.

(apparently the artist also botched the title picture in rule of two--it's only a regular hilt -tsk.)

With its own skin... could be taken from any of the various incarnations comics or book title picture and applied to the new model hilt

Modifiable...

Better than usual stats...

Attack (normal): 2-32

+ (4-18) vs Light Side

25-50% chance to stun

I suppose since a curved hilt "makes some moves a little more difficult while many become far easier", something in behavior scripts could be written for that if you want. Or not.

Restricted to: Dark Side

=====

Description: Impressed with Bane's progress and resolve as a once-defeated student, Sith Blademaster Kas'im rewarded his student with this mysterious lightsaber after Bane showed impressive skill in his vengeful defeat of Sirak, a rival student.

Kas'im mastered all seven 'classical' forms of lightsaber combat, the unorthodox double-bladed form invented by Exar Kun, and the dual lightsaber form Jar'Kai. He also was quite proficient in the force defense techniques of the Dun-Moch force form.

The origins of this lightsaber are as yet unknown, but the lightsaber is from Kas'im's own past. Kas'im had taken it from his master, Na'daz, the day he surpassed his master by killing him in single combat.

The cunning Bane would eventually come to realize the order of the sith needed change if it was going to survive, let alone defeat the Jedi one day. So, Bane went to the unknown world then called "Lehon" and found the holocron of Darth Revan. He learned the true nature of the dark side from the holocron. Also that Lord Kaan's flawed Brotherhood of Darkness was built on falsehoods and ignorance; thus it had to be destroyed. Hence Bane's coining of the "Rule of Two".

The blademaster was the first one in Darth Bane's way on his quest as the new dark lord of the sith. Kas'im met a violent end at the hands and power of his former student... not because he wasn't proficient in his bladework, but for his lack of vision in supporting the brotherhood.

The hilt has a strange grip and rather effective balance in its heft. Its shape provides superior urganomics in wielding as you grip it.

One can't help but feel empowered with this blade.

EDIT: my bad.. for K1 found on Korriban in the footlocker outside Dreshdae where the droids wander between the spaceport and the sith academy...like the droids just happened to find it outside and pick it up...and put it there assuming it belonged to one of the more idiotic students

Archived