Home

Contacting Mojo RE New Projects

airbad

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered in another thread, but I did a quick search and couldn't see anything similar.

I started developing a new mobile web site a couple of weeks ago, the main purpose of which would be to 'scrape' news stories from the Mojo home page and render them in a format more suitable for viewing with a mobile web browser (I figured it'd be cool to catch up on Mojo news on the train :)).

I tried sending 2 messages to Mojo staff (I realised the first had been sent to the wrong person) asking whether this would be acceptable, or if they'd have a problem with me using their content, but I've yet to receive a reply. I'm just wondering...is this standard Mojo/LFN procedure? In other words, should I take the lack of a reply to mean that what I'm doing isn't acceptable?

Just reread that and it might sound a little pompous....it isn't meant to! :p

Cheers,

AirBad

Hello Airbad -- sorry we didn't get back to you. We spent some time discussing the issue in our top secret underground bunker, and whilst I (and one or two others) were thrilled by the idea, our security and technology experts had some issues with it (tho' I didn't understand the problems m'self)... but then, seeing your post now, it looks like you're just doing it for your own gee-whizz factor. So to blazes with Mr Technical and Mr Security!

I should say, though, that we have an "RSS" feed. I have no idea what it is, exactly, but apparently it will make it easier for you to access the site on your mobile...?

Anyway, to sum up: yes, please do go ahead! And let me know if it works.

Hey, thanks for the reply, glad to know the idea was received positively! And I'm super chuffed that it was deemed important enough to be discussed in the bunker :).

I'll probably stick with the scraping option for the time being, because the RSS feed doesn't specify how many comments are attached to each story - and I'm quite keen to add support for viewing and posting comments. Once I get my hosting support sorted out, I'll be happy to provide the exalted Mojo overlords with a URL to check it out...is there someone specific I should contact for that?

Regarding the technical & security issues....could you possibly drop me a PM to say what they were? I'm quite curious :-P

Cheers again,

AirBad

I have no idea what any of this means -- hosting details? RSS? Web-sites? Mr Security and Dr Technical mentioned something about something... but I couldn't possibly give you any details I'm afraid: I just don't know them, and even if I did, I certainly wouldn't understand them.

I'm hoping that someone else from Mix'n'mojo, who does know something about these technical matters, can assist you further...!

Archived