Home

NPC editing?

banana2.0

Are you wanting to edit existing npcs, or make new ones? From what I recall about new npcs in Jedi Outcast, you have to save them with the .npc extension and save them in a ext_data folder. To edit existing ones in the cfg file, if you are wanting to edit it for a replacement model, you would just change it at the playermodel line. If you did it at both places(both the name of the npc and the playermodel lines), that may be why the cfg you had was screwed up. I hope everything I said made sense. If not, let me know.

Are you wanting to edit existing npcs, or make new ones? From what I recall about new npcs in Jedi Outcast, you have to save them with the .npc extension and save them in a ext_data folder. To edit existing ones in the cfg file, if you are wanting to edit it for a replacement model, you would just change it at the playermodel line. If you did it at both places(both the name of the npc and the playermodel lines), that may be why the cfg you had was screwed up. I hope everything I said made sense. If not, let me know.

how do I save an .npc file in the ext_data folder? I already know It's in assets0.pk3 but how do I save an npc made with npctool into assets0?

Now I understand why what you are doing won't work.

1. Never, ever add new files to the game's assets. Make a new .pk3 with your altered npcs.cfg or .npc extension files in a folder called ext_data.

2. That NPC tool you are using is for Jedi Academy only, not for Jedi Outcast. The best thing to do if you are making a new npc with the .npc extension is to copy and paste whatever type npc you want class-wise(Luke, Imperial, whatever) and paste it into Notepad or Wordpad and make any changes you want to it and save as (name).npc.

I hope everything I just said makes some sense. If you need an example of what I mean, I'll paste one into a reply.

I will just try to craft a step-by-step tutorial doc for you, and I'll edit this post to let you know when I've uploaded it to my files page at Filefront.

Okay. It's up. I apologize for the file size, but I put a few pics in it, so it's about 35.10 mb in size. Sorry about that. :( Okay, here's the link:

How to make a Jedi Outcast NPC

And if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.:)

Archived