Home

[KOTOR]Different Coloured Robes & Female Heads

Ana Christina

Hi,

I've been trying for a couple of days to find a mod that does the following:

1) either changes or replaces the Jedi Master Robes with robes that are not brown, but blue (like Nemo's Jedi Knight Robes, which are the most visually pleasing in my opinion), or green, or black, or white - just not brown, gray, orange, pink, or purple, while keeping the very same attributes on them.

2) as above, only for Qel Droma Robes.

What I've found, so far, after multiple searches:

Dream 9 Studios Robes - The page says that the robes replace the Star Forge robes, and since I don't want that, I cannot play with them.

90SK's K1 Robes - The best that I've found so far, except that Jolee looks really awkward in them (too effeminate).

KOTOR Jedi Robe Model Mod - Very pretty, but my character looks exactly like Juhani when they wear Qel Droma Robes and Jedi Master Robes, respectively.

Jedi Robe Model, by Warped Productions - Wonderful robes, except they are for male characters, and the same goes for Light and Dark Jedi Robes on the same site.

Multicolour Jedi Robes - The ReadMe does not say where to find them, so I have no idea what they look like in game, or if they do anything else (like a re-colouring of the Jedi Master and Qel Droma robes).

PVC Jedi Robes - Unfortunately, they are not possible to obtain during the game, and even if I use them, I am still stuck with Qel Droma robes being that horrible, dull brown.

So, my request/question: does anyone know of a Mod that does what I outlined above, i.e., change the colour (or appearance) of the Jedi Master Robes and Qel Droma Robes, while keeping their original attributes, location etc.?

Alternatively, if there are no mods that comply with my requirements, can someone please tell me if I can make them myself, and if yes, could you please give a link to the relevant tutorial?

Also, are there any mods for female head models except for this one, with which my only problem is that - even though the recoloured heads are beautiful - the portrait that appears during the entire game in the left side (my left side) of the screen is very differently coloured than the NPC portraits?

Many thanks in advance for your consideration. :)

• 2 weeks later...

All right, so I assume that there is nothing that would comply with my request regarding robes. If I am correct, could someone please link me to a relevant tutorial that tells me how to replace the appearance of Qel Droma Robes (g_a_jedirobe06) with the appearance of blue Jedi Master robes (g_a_mstrrobe04), if such a tutorial exists and/or if it's even possible to do what I want in the game? Pretty please? The closest I could find is this, but it is rather not specific for my intentions, particularly because I'm not sure what it means with the following paragraph:

*Note: Items such as armor, robes, and clothing will utilize Body Variation and Texture Variation to achieve the same effect. You will have to experiment (and use the aforementioned file reference) to become familiar with this type of item modding.

Does the above imply that I'd need more steps than those in the tutorial and perhaps additional fiddling with more files than the one in question (i.e., Qel Droma robes file)?

If you want an easy solution you should be able to just take the TGA's of both robes and swap the names around. What that would mean would be that Nemo(who you said was wearing the blue robe) would be wearing the Qel Droma robes but it would just be called the regular robes he was wearing with regular robe stats.

Then the Qel Droma robes would be the blue robes that you want with the Qel Droma stats. This should work but I am not 100% positive about it.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. But it is something simple you could try if you don't mind Nemo wearing the brown robes :)

Eefluxx

Edit: if you need help in swapping the names let me know and I will pull the two files out and swap them for you and send it to you :)

Brown Be Gone

You don't even need to swap them. Just place the two TGA files from the zip above in your override folder and you'll never see another brown jedi robe on anyone.

If you only want to change the Qel-Droma and Brown Master Robes, use these:

Qel-Droma

Master Robes

Each zip contains 5 folders (black, red, blue, Star Forge, and Revan). Just pull the one you want and put it in the override. These, however, will not affect robes that are already in your inventory. You'll need to either load a save from before you collected them or cheat them in with the console.

If you want an easy solution you should be able to just take the TGA's of both robes and swap the names around. What that would mean would be that Nemo(who you said was wearing the blue robe) would be wearing the Qel Droma robes but it would just be called the regular robes he was wearing with regular robe stats.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. But it is something simple you could try if you don't mind Nemo wearing the brown robes :)

Yes, that's pretty much what I had in mind; anything, just to stop seeing those brown robes. Vain, I know.

Edit: if you need help in swapping the names let me know and I will pull the two files out and swap them for you and send it to you :)

Dragoon ZER0 has provided me with a different alternative. Thank you, nevertheless, for taking the time to reply and offer both a solution and such a helpful gesture; it is much appreciated! :)

You don't even need to swap them. Just place the two TGA files from the zip above in your override folder and you'll never see another brown jedi robe on anyone.

-snip-

Each zip contains 5 folders (black, red, blue, Star Forge, and Revan). Just pull the one you want and put it in the override. These, however, will not affect robes that are already in your inventory. You'll need to either load a save from before you collected them or cheat them in with the console.

You, sir (or madam, if I was misled by your avatar), are my hero! *hugs* I cannot even begin to describe the pure joy that I've experienced as I put the black robes in the override folders and found black Qel Droma & Master Robes on Korriban. I can't even try to describe the enthusiasm with which I anticipate experimentation with all the different colours you have so generously provided me with, because it's so bloody huge.

Seriously, THANK YOU! A thousand times thank you for sparing me the horror of playing with yet another brown robed PC until almost the very end. I know it might be shallow, but I was honestly dreading my third KOTOR playthrough whenever I remembered I'd have to look at brown robes for more than half of the game. I'd say more, except that I fear it would make me sound even more like a fangirl, so I'll stop here. I just hope you know how happy you've made me. :)

Archived