Home

Script question

Ferc Kast

I don't know that the default player models have any arm-crossing animations. If they don't have the animations, no amount of tricksy scripting will help.

Umm... The PC in KotOR I does have arm-crossing animations; His/her arms are crossed on the balcony in the Darkside Ending. So, I know it's possible; I just need to know how to script it.

I'm not sure it's a script, looks like a dialogue animation to me. Dialogue files for the cutscene between Dark Side Bastila and Dodonna, and the Dark Side Ending, feature a "???_1200 [PLAYER]" animation (in the "Current Animation" box when editing with DLGEditor).

Though that could be something totally different. And though my theory can't explain how Malak's already standing with his arms crossed before the dialogue starts. :/

Umm... The PC in KotOR I does have arm-crossing animations; His/her arms are crossed on the balcony in the Darkside Ending. So, I know it's possible; I just need to know how to script it.

That's done via dialog animations, so it's not possible to script.

Dialog files can override the animation supermodel of participants in that dialog/cutscene with another supermodel, thus replacing their set of available animations for that particular scene. The name of the MDL files with the new animations is set on the dialog root node in the DLG Editor.

Archived