Home

How do I rescale units?

plokoon87

How do you go about rescaling units? I have downloaded z3r0x's FOC Addon mod, but the units are improperly scaled. How do you rescale them to the canon size? Don't worry z3r0x, I am not planning on releasing this mod as my own, it is a private upgrade to your mod. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I hope my first reply will be useful. You must open the unit .xml file in the Data/XML folder of the mod (most of the units are in the files called SpaceUnitsCapital.xml , SpaceUnitsFighters.xml, SpaceUnitsFrigates.xml, SpaceUnitsCorvettes.xml), then search for the entry of the units you want to modify.

For instance let's say you want to modify the scale factor of a Star Destroyer, then open the SpaceUnitsCapital.xml file and look for an entry called

<SpaceUnit Name = "Generic_Star_Destroyer">

then look for the parameter called

<Scale_Factor>

Change the value inside the parameter, for instance let's say you want to double the size of a standard Star Destroyer then you have to modify the parameter so it looks like:

<Scale_Factor>2.0</Scale_Factor>

Watch out because if you make a unit too large it will have problems fitting in the map, or collision problems with other units in the map, for example star destroyers which penetrates each other (space units have no collision detection) creating bad visual effects. I suggest you to both enlarge bigger units scale and to reduce smaller units, for example Star Destroyers and fighters are not well proportioned so you should enlarge the SD scale a bit and reduce the fighter scale at the same time (having a SD as large as half of the map won't be good). Remember that you might have to change the projectiles scale to have laser beams proportioned to the rest of the ship (especially if you reduce fighter scale. To change projectile scale you should open projectile.xml file and search a parameter called "projectile_scale" or something like that.

Archived