Home

Sound/Voice glitch

Kyros

I installed GF and everything went smoothly, I applied the patch and the game started.

My problem is whenever I interact with a person like the receptionist or even the clown at the very first part of the game I can see the text(I enabled it trying to solve my problem) but no sound/voice is heard and my game just freezes(i can still quit/menu but i can move or talk nothing). I dont know what to search for on the forums and I really dont want to look through 13 pages so can anyone help?

I have xp but I havent tried running it in compatibility mode.

Have a nice day Kyros

• 2 months later...
Okay! Found something that works.

Download this.

Unpack it to C: or somewhere you can find it.

Start -> Run -> "cmd"

Navigate to the directory you put imagecfg in, for example:

cd c:\

When you're in the right directory, type:

imagecfg -a 0x1 "C:\Directory\Where\You\Insalled\GRIMFANDANGO.exe"

It'll output four lines of text, and then you're done. Turn off compatibility for GRIMFANDANGO.exe, and run the game.

Basically it sets the CPU Affinity before the game is running (since changing it in realtime doesn't help, and doesn't stick!), and saves it. It is woot.

Try this, it's mostly working for me!

Try this, it's mostly working for me!

I tried running this utility but it dosn't want to run everytime I try I get this message IMAGECFG:unable to map and and load. I'm running vista. I'm not sure if it's a syntax error I have the game installed in C:\programfiles\lucasarts/grim. The sound works fine in the cut-scenes but there is no sound at all including music during the game.

Archived