Home

Freeworlds 2.0

Phoenix21

Hey guys,

I wanted to tell you guys about Freeworlds 2.0, a total conversion mod for Freelancer.

FWs 2.0 is currently in development and I'm the mod head there. We're looking to totally change the way FW used to be played. We're adopting a much more "XvT/XWA" type environment, with still the feel of FL. Tides of War (ToW) also has merged with us for this project. We've also been fortunate enough to get ships models from the First Strike mod, thanks to Red Monkey and the crew, as well as the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project. Our developers have been posting up blogs for everyone to read. They're viewable to guests, so you don't need to register to view them. Although, I do encourage you to register as you can ask questions of the developers.

Here are some links I think you guys should take a look at. The first is a development video, the 6th in the series. This video shows some of the new systems we're in the process of making, the immense capital ships and scale we're using, increase non-player craft (NPCs) AI as well as some "fuse" effects when ships start to get damaged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kekzl0LyOZ8#

The second is our site at MODDB. There you can see all the lovely new fighters we got from the FS Mod/XWAUP. We update this regularly, so I encourage you all to bookmark it and check there often :):

Freeworlds ModDB site

And lastly, this is a link to all our development blogs. You'll be able to see a lot of the new effects, models, systems, ideas we're trying to incorporate for FW 2.0.

Development Blogs

I really hope to see some of your faces there. I also wish this will satisfy your Star Wars craving when it comes out as well :)

If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me on our forums, or here. I'll bookmark this link and check back as often as I can.

Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to show you guys the new missile FX we made:

Proton Torpedo

screen33.jpg

Concussion Missile

screen45-1.jpg

screen44.jpg

Heavy Rockets

screen50.jpg

screen48-1.jpg

Mag-Pulse

screen55.jpg

screen54.jpg

Ion-Pulse

screen61.jpg

screen62.jpg

Quick video of the concussions missiles in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QPsNEZ6qZY

More goodies can be found here: ModDB site If you like what you see, we'd appreciate any votes we can get. We're not going for top Freelancer mod this year, but I do want to get some public attention to get in the top 100. Thanks guys!

Archived