Home

Any tips to beat the "good" jedis? Playing for the dark side

Roller123

These guys are sick. I can barely handle the dual and single style users(usually they kill me though), but saberstuffers are just plain owning me. They are doing that rotating regular move all the time and jumping around with occasional kata in-between. Unlike Sith they arent doing any stupid combos, so cant be caught offguard too. No way in hell do i stand a chance in a direct combat. Approaching them usually gets me instakilled or severely damaged. They have all the sides covered. All i can do is run run run. And the damage i can deal with a lucky red swing they reheal. And they usually come in packs of two or three.

Is there any reliable and not cheesy way of taking them out? I have lvl3 protect, absorb, rage, heal. Playing on Jedi Master and single saber.

Lurkers unite heh. No luck with katas unfortunately. Too expensive. Even getting in position is a very risky move. Assuming it will connect, which it seldom does, he'll jump away. If he doesnt, a single kata will not kill him since he has force protect on.

50 remaining(kata costs 50) forcepoints is not enough to have both protect and absorb on. Protect is critical, ,else he is just ignoring the first kata and killing me downright with 1-2 swings. No absorb means ill be pushed away, breaking the kata. (and continue to be pushed, until im not ending in someones lightsaber) That assumed he'll not jump right on my head, breaking the kata and sending me to the ground, or just kicking for the same result. All the good-aligned jedis have black belts in karate it seems.

Seriously these guys are so powerful i dont know why they needed Jaden at all. The only time i saw one of those actually die, was a scripted sequence.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah they have force absorb on, push only refills them. Tried it with a saberstuff, same result. Seems im just not good enough to beat them. I remember having the same feel vs Sith. Oh well im just surprised cause these guys are really strong compared to the rest of the game. Were. 20 reloads per guy did the trick. (as opposed to not need to save anywhere else /brag )

• 1 month later...

I found that the best Force powers were level 3 protect, level 2 absorb, level 2 heal, level 3 lightning, and level 2 grip. The mind trick doesn't work with them, but it makes 15 total points.

One cheat that I use, which is really to balance out against enemy Jedi's unlimited Force power, is to set the player model in the game for Luke or Kyle. When you switch your character back, you get 200 force points and all their powers. I reset everything to what was above and just have 100 more force points. You can only absorb up to 100, so you really don't get much advantage after you deplete your Force power.

I also recommend using dual sabers and using the saber flurry. It allows you many strikes without expending Force power. And use absorb to keep them from pushing and pulling you. If all goes badly, use grip on them and strike during the brief moment their lightsabers are off.

• 5 weeks later...

Single ones:

use lightening and saber attacks in a chain, or lure him towards you, and then jump over/turn around and attack them in the back

Dual ones:

(easy to take out with staff <saber dual_1>) use protection, make sure you do this with enough mana left, and then turn on them. Once your health in under 40, use forceheal. Make sure you don't use your mana when protection is only halfway its countdown.

Staffs:

easy to take out with, for example, the Merr Sonn gun.

All of them:

try forcepush (normaly F1) and push them over, then run towards then and KO them at once.

If you see some either fighting reborns or just standing around then fire rockets and ion blasts at them, also double light saber kill lots of people so you could use that against them.

Double laser is quite effective, but when you do with a lightstaff, you can kill them very easy. Especially when you fight multiple Jedi at once.

Archived