Home

Gorgeous! Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge in 3D

Nikioko

Hey guys,

after the Special Edition of Monkey Island has been released, discussions about Guybrush's hair style and the change from realistic to comic characters have been discussed. And there was another question: Will there be a MI2:SE and if yes how will it look like? Well, I don't know. But the reception of the first Special Edition makes me think that MI2 will also be redone. But how? The way the MI1:SE work, is really nice except that some of Steve Purcells original Artwork had to be redrawn. There will be no need to do so in the MI2:SE for there is real artwork that had been drawn and scanned. It would be perfect to just rescan the stuff in a higher resolution an go on.

Or... Well, in other fora I found the links to the following nice videos that show, what a really talented hand can do with the original artwork. And the result is astonishing: Monkey Island 2 in 3D!

Behold the Monkey Island 2 Special Uber Edition:

I think, the guy who made this is amazing. That is exactly the MI2 I dreamt of. So, LEC, go and engage this guy for the next remake - in 3D. ;-)

Archived