Home

Jedi Academy MP Help

Omniscience

Hey guys, I've been playing for about a month now with no problems whatsoever, except now I try to find internet servers and none will show up. It just says "Getting info for servers..." down the bottom but nothing appears, even after an hour of waiting!? I've tried reinstalling, patching, and deleting mods but nothing has worked. I've searched everywhere for a solution but haven't found a thing.

Please give me any suggestions you can.

• 1 year later...
Hey guys, I've been playing for about a month now with no problems whatsoever, except now I try to find internet servers and none will show up. It just says "Getting info for servers..." down the bottom but nothing appears, even after an hour of waiting!? I've tried reinstalling, patching, and deleting mods but nothing has worked. I've searched everywhere for a solution but haven't found a thing.

Please give me any suggestions you can.

i had the EXACT same problem until recently!

ok the first thing youre going to want to do is look over any programs youve installed before the problem began that may be interfering with the game. if any of them are any type of internet blocking or filtering system, that might be your problem right there. if this isnt it, check your firewall. make sure it allows games, jedi academy in particular. if it does and this isnt the problem, then its likely that you have a faulty or selective internet connection.

first, make sure you are connected. then, if you are, try booting up jedi academy while running your internet program (mozilla firefox or internet explorer or google chrome or whatever you use...) if the problem still occurs, its probably the game thats messed up. try uninstalling and reinstalling it, using the "add or remove programs" feature on your windows "control panel".

then open up your task-manager (alt + ctrl + delete) and click the "processes" tab. down near the bottom, there should be a box you can check that says something along the lines of "show processes from all users". make sure it is checked. then, end processes that are listed under any of your windows user names. if the user name is "network service" or "local service" or "system", do not end it. also, do not end any processes that say "taskmgr.exe" or "explorer.exe" ...once all the windows user account processes are ended, exit out of the task-manager and, after making sure your internet connection is active and unrestricted, run jedi academy multiplayer.

good luck, and i hope that helps!

Archived