Home

What stat governs lightsaber combat?

JimmyTheCannon

Ideally, you want to use strength, as it modifies both your attack roll and your damage rolls. If you have the Weapon Finesse feat though, and have a higher dexterity score, then yes, you can use your dexterity for your attack roll, but your damage roll gets no benefit.

- Star Admiral

Unlike Star Admiral, I believe you should use dex, as that also improves your defence, and if you use jedi robes, there are no limitations to dexterity bonus to armor class allowing you to both hit even the hardest of bosses often and be next to unhittable (anything below boss level will ave a hard time hitting you once your dex gets high enough due to items/implants/force powers). This also has the benefit of alowing you to use force powers that won't work with armor.

Using Str will allow you to save a feat for something else, though I guess my opinion will be biased coming from NWN2, where feats are hard to get. In any case, unless your Dex is really high, all the defense in the world isn't going to help reduce any damage if you get hit. Since you're playing Scoundrel, though, then Dex would make more sense.

- Star Admiral

Archived