Home

Mod Idea

anybodee

I just went throught my TSL again and i had a perfect idea for a mod but i have no idea if it is possible. Would it be possible to give the exile a voice during the game so like when you push a responce he actually says it? if it is possible i would like to take a crack at doing the voice. I would make the mod myself but i suck with that sort of thing.

There's a lot of lines for the Exile.

... something like K1 could work, where the PC did have a voice in certain situations

The PC didn't have VOs in K1, they just had battle/action soundsets. It's a completely different thing, but there are such mods that put the K1 soundsets into K2 (they're included in the files).

Okay, here's how one might go about doing this mod:

Every single dialog in the game would need to be reworked. Every single entry (What the PC says) would have to have two brand new replies inserted directly after, scripted to play one or the other, based on gender, containing a VO matching the line chosen. So, here's what we have:

• Time. Editing one single dialog to do this would likely take several days, between getting quality VOs, injecting all of the new player-replies, and testing to make sure there are no problems. Multiply this by hundreds of dialogs.
  • Compatibility. It'll be incompatible with every single dialog editing mod out there.
  • Size. Audio files take up a lot of space. Adding in two audio lines for every single possible entry in the game would make it a massive download.

I'm all for encouragement, but I can tell you right now, this mod is not going to happen; it's too unrealistic of a goal. Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Archived