Home

Need some technical assistance... (JO crashed during install)

Jedi Marso

Well, I know how I created the problem, just having problems fixing it.

Got a new computer with Windows 7 and started to intall JO. Unfortunately, the disk was dirty or something and it hung up. At first I thought it was an OS issue (turns out it wasn't). Long story short, I deleted the files off the hard drive rather than uninstalling them with the control panel.

Now when I try to install, the installer automatically tries to uninstall even though there's nothing there anymore. In the control panel, JO still shows up in the program list and nothing I've tried makes it go away.

Anyone know how to resolve this so the installer will not assume the program already exists and allow me to install it instead of automatically trying to uninstall it? It's not giving me a 'repair' option either- the installer right now goes right to the uninstall and then tells me that 'maintenance was performed' at the end.

I know there has to be a way to do this but I've hit the limit of my competence.

Try a program called "Your Uninstaller!" it will remove the remnants of the goofed install and let you install it properly again. It's a "trial" program, but you can use it for awhile before it stops working (and asks you to register).

This happened to me awhile back (with JA) and the solution worked perfectly.

Archived