Home

How to change a Items model

Blaster45.

How would you go about changing a items model to another items model.

What I mean by this is how do you change Clothing to a Jedi Robe without modeling. I am assuming it takes editing of the UTI. file but I have been tinkering with it for days and am having no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

-Blaster45.

How would you go about changing a items model to another items model.

What I mean by this is how do you change Clothing to a Jedi Robe without modeling. I am assuming it takes editing of the UTI. file but I have been tinkering with it for days and am having no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

-Blaster45.

You would just change the desired row to the jedi robe model in the Appearance.2da. You'll need to change the "ModelB" and "TexB" columns for the row, Along with the "TexBevil" column if you wish, but only in TSL.

But from what I can see, there is no row for say... light combat suit. And for what I want to do an example would be to change light combat suit to attons jacket. But as said before there is no row for light combat suit. Or any other type of armour fo that matter.

Or am I wrong.

-Blaster45.

Well, this thread is for textures, but it's mostly the same for models, too I think.

Basically, column 'modelb' is for your clothing, and 'modelc' is for your light armor. Here's the problem: all the light armors use the same model, so if you change that, all the light armors will look like Atton's jacket, not just the combat suit. If that's ok, go for it. Or you could change it in the .uti to be some random item that you don't really use, like Revan's/Star Force robes (I think it's 'modelj' for TSL), and in appearance.2da change your PC's 'modelj' column to the same as Atton's 'modelb' column is . . . that'd work as long as you don't try to use Revan's/Star Forge robes.

For Jedi Robe as clothing, that's a bit easier. Just change your PC's 'modela' column to the same as Jedi robes, I think that it's 'modeli'.

Hope this helps!

Khrizby

Archived