Home

Can someone help me with this signature please?

I really need help with this signature. i have made it in paint and i want to know what to do next. and please dont say read the faq. can someone let me upload my sig to anyones site please. i would appreciate it very much.

thanks

There are several things you need to be aware of before trying to use an image for your sig...

1. [*]The file must be in either JPEG or GIF format. These are the only image files that will display properly on a webpage.

[*]Generally, it is not a good idea to have a large image file for your sig, in fact, ZeroXcape has posted specifically for everyone to use only small images.

[*]Paint (from Microsoft) usually only stores images in bitmap (BMP) format, so you'll probably need something else to convert the image for you to either JPEG or GIF format. A good shareware program that can do this is Paint Shop Pro.

[*]If memory serves, Natty signed up for a free webhosting site for the specific reason of storing images for sigs. She'll probably store your image for you as well, if you ask her. Otherwise, you'll have to try to find a server yourself.

[*]Once you've got the image uploaded somewhere, go to the profile section of the page to edit your sig, and use UBB code to insert an image (use the tag, with the URL to the image inbetween the two tags).

[/list=a]

------------------

brief.gif

"I'm telling you, the thing won't print!

Yes, I've pressed that button, like, a thousand times.

You know, for a hotline, you're not so hot?

Wait, what is that in the background?

Are you watching Star Trek?!"

--Chandler, Friends

If need be I can convert the image into a gif or jpg, that is if you haven't done so already, and if you don't have a webpage to put the image on, then you can email it to me (let me know what it's for in the subject coz lately I'm having a tendency not to open emails from names I don't recognize) and then I'll upload it for you and then you'll have your sig smile.gif But if you already have a website that you can put the sig on that's fine. Just a lil warning though, geocities doesn't work, but anything else other than geocities will work smile.gif

------------------

smurfsig.gif

Check Out My New Homepage, And Sign The Guestbook, Otherwise I'll Be Upset!

Originally posted by Natty:

If need be I can convert the image into a gif or jpg, that is if you haven't done so already, and if you don't have a webpage to put the image on, then you can email it to me (let me know what it's for in the subject coz lately I'm having a tendency not to open emails from names I don't recognize) and then I'll upload it for you and then you'll have your sig smile.gif But if you already have a website that you can put the sig on that's fine. Just a lil warning though, geocities doesn't work, but anything else other than geocities will work smile.gif

Originally posted by Natty:

i do have a website but it is with geocities.

i will very much appreciate it if u will upload my sig and do all the stuff to make it work. thanks 4 all the help that u guys have given me. i will send a e-mail 2 u the subject will be cavemans sig, and my e-mail address is thecaveman25@hotmail.com

thanks again 4 all the help u have given me.

Archived