Home

[KotOR] GetObjectSeen and Line-of-sight checks

jinger

Are they bugged or it's just me? TSL has its own function to determine whether an object has a clear line of sight to a second object; with KotOR you should be able to do that using GetFirstObjectInShape, but it doesn't work. Also, GetObjectSeen returns TRUE for any creature within perception range, as if walls and closed doors were nonexistent. Did any of you ever run into the same problems?

Did any of you ever run into the same problems?

Yes, scripted line of sight checks are highly unreliable in TSL, as far as I remember from when playing around with AI changes. Sometimes they indicate line of sight to someone behind a closed door, while at other times saying there is no line of sight to someone who's standing right in front of your character.

Thanks for answering, Stoffe. Yes, AI changes, I'm doing just that. Did you by any chance find some way to work around this problem? Right now I'm lost, I can't see how else am I supposed to do this; characters keep opening doors to battle enemies on the other side that they couldn't possibly have seen.

Archived