Home

[KOTOR1] New gun model

centenar

I made a new item called the Crimanium Longrifle, but I need someone to model it for me.

It would be a completely new model (not a reskin), so I know it would be tough and time-consuming to do. However, I still hope that someone would be interested in doing it.

I made a 2D picture of how I want it to look (but that's the extent of my graphics skills):

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=607&pictureid=6248

It is a projectile weapon, with standard scope, m16 box magazine, bolt-action, and that thing on the front is supposed to represent a folded gun rest (those spokes you see on the front of machine guns [picture below.]) One change from the picture: I would rather the rest is not folded in the model.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=607&pictureid=6249

I have a description I wrote some time ago:

Crimanium is a really hard and dense blue-green mineral found on the planet Argerea. It is fired the wonderful old-fasioned way, by gunpowder explosion. So much gunpowder is needed to fire that the longrifle has a built-in recoil system and still the user must be sitting or kneeling (one knee on the ground, one foot on the ground) to fire, to avoid being knocked over by the kick. The rifle is 5'6" long from stock to muzzle and has a light gun-rest built in should the shooter need to brace it. It has a 5-round magazine (semi-auto), and the option to manually reload every shot by a bolt-action mechanism. It is slender, and besides the modern bolt action + magazine, looks much like the Pennsylvania longrifle. [hmm...where could I have gotten my inspiration from?] It has invisible (meaning built-in) flash suppressor and silencer (but the silencer can only dampen the sound.) It also mounts a scope. It weighs 15 lbs.

If a modeler wants to get really ambitious, then he/she can create the ammunition too.

If I missed any information a modeler needs to make this, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Archived