Home

New blaster models request

Thranduil

Could someone do a mod to remodel/skin the normal blaster rifles and blasters? I like their general shape but I hate how terrible they look. I have looked for a mod that does this, but all I could find were mods that replace them with custom models, which I don't like. I'm looking for a mod that improves the models and textures rather than replace them with something else entirely. Thanks :)

The reason there are no reskins is because the vanilla models are absolute garbage with the world's worst UV mapping. Read this thread for some info on it. Basically what it boils down to is that the vanilla models need to be replaced, and when most people go to all the trouble of doing that they usually don't bother replicating the originals. One person that did take the approach you want of replicating the style of the original models is mentioned in that thread (direct link here), but it seems to be a dead project with what files he did originally post no longer available. You could try sending him a PM, or maybe someone still has a copy of the files and can pass them on to you.

Archived