Home

Modding KotOR v1.3.8 for Mac

Hi, all!

I thought a thread like this would be very useful since many out there *try* to play Knights of the Old Republic on a mac, and anyone successful at modding the game (I don't mean the old version 1.0.3 that came on the original install disc but the new 1.3.8) can share their knowledge base and help us noobs. :)

Personally, I recently upgraded my OS and was forced to get the new version of KotOR for mac. It was great until I tried to add my favorite mods to the mix. :mad:

First of all, the package is protected and will require your password to even create an Override folder inside the KOTOR data folder. Second, mods that alter the dialog.tlk file or copy files into folders other than the newly created Override folder, will be met with an error. The game is heavily protected and will shut down any attempts at such modding.

So far, I have successfully been able to integrate skin and texture mods into the game, but that's about it. I will continue this thread as I experiment with more mod types (module mods, appearance.2da mods, item mods, etc.).

If anyone out there can relate or has any hints or what-not, feel free to share them here! :D

Archived