Home

Force Power Scripts

This is more of a request for some insight than a request for someone to do this mod for me. I want to learn more so I want to do it myself. I just have a question about the ability to create a Force Power that activates once selected and then stays permanently. For instance, if you play the d20 Saga Edition Star Wars RPG there is a talent called force insight that let's you use your use the force skill check for knowledge checks. I wanted to do something along the lines of a force power that gave you a bonus to certain skills based on your wisdom modifier. I know that it works because I wrote it were you can cast it and it only lasts for a certain amount of time, but I would like it to be a permanent addition and not castable. Any insight into the functions needed to do something of this nature would be a great help. Thanks.

I dont know if that is possible, for no other force powers are permanent. Also, that would cause problems, if not be impossible, keep it activated even when you transfer to a different area. Im sorry, but I dont think that it is possible. If you want to do something like that then make an extra person and dialogue with the script that adds the modifier to all your party members. Thats all I can think of.

Well I was just wondering because I have been seeing posts by people about faking feats using force powers and I figured that meant that they were able to kind of do that. Unless I figure it out sometime soon I'll probably just make it where you have to cast it but it lasts for a while so that you have time to do stuff with it before it expires. Thanks though.

Archived