Home

requesting a handmaiden mod

HappyGoLuckySam

What's up guys? This will be my first post on the forums so I'll try to make it interesting.

I just played/finished Kotor 2 for the first time yesterday and I started my second playthrough today because I found that I enjoyed the game more than I thought I would. Way way more than I thought I would. At some points during the game I was left holding my breath and by the time it was over I was left holding my breath.

T'was an awesome game to say the least.

Now that it's finished I wanted to try out a couple of mods and I was certain that someone would have done but when I searched I couldn't find anything. That some is a mod that lets the exile wear the handmaidens robes.

Not a jedi robes that's white, the actual, hood-off hand maiden robes.

Is this possible? Has anyone done it?

On a related note, are there any helmet mods that actually cover the PC's entire face/head? I was think about doing a dark side and I would really like that. Here's to hoping that anyone is still making mods for kotor 2.

• 2 months later...
What's up guys? This will be my first post on the forums so I'll try to make it interesting.

I just played/finished Kotor 2 for the first time yesterday and I started my second playthrough today because I found that I enjoyed the game more than I thought I would. Way way more than I thought I would. At some points during the game I was left holding my breath and by the time it was over I was left holding my breath.

T'was an awesome game to say the least.

Now that it's finished I wanted to try out a couple of mods and I was certain that someone would have done but when I searched I couldn't find anything. That some is a mod that lets the exile wear the handmaidens robes.

Not a jedi robes that's white, the actual, hood-off hand maiden robes.

Is this possible? Has anyone done it?

On a related note, are there any helmet mods that actually cover the PC's entire face/head? I was think about doing a dark side and I would really like that. Here's to hoping that anyone is still making mods for kotor 2.

I find Handmaiden was one of the few characters that got modded much, despite the fact that she needed it :p

There are a variety of handmaiden mods that I can list, but not sure I have ever found one that allowed for the Exile to where the robe. Maybe in a jedi robe pack there may be one, but you already stated you didn't want a plain white robe.

As for the masks, a lot of them don't cover all of the head, except this one. http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/the_Sith_Mask;116677

There is a hood mod also around that I can find, and various other helmet mods. Some look useless without the rest of the armor/clothes. If you are continuing your search for masks/helmets (that cover the whole head), try also looking for armor mods on this site or on filefront. Republic helmets, clone helmets etc can normally be found alongside armor mods,where you can take just the helmet file and use that for your game.

Also I suggest downloading "KSE" (kotor save-game editor), which allows you to take full control of your game by adding items that are ingame or that are from mods, and inserting them into your inventory. Also can change party influence/alignment/ classes, and so many other things. Eitherway, I hope the modders can help you with your mod request. :)

I'm pretty sure you can take off the restriction in a gff editor but you'd need to do some complicated (for a newbie) apperance.2da file edditing and texture editing so that you don't end up looking like handmaiden. You could probably just look at tutorials and learn about it.

With other models, it would not be as difficult. But for the Handmaiden, her default clothing model is just like Kreia or Sion's, meaning that the head is attached to the model, even if there are separate textures for the body and head. While there is a separate head model for her, it is only used when she uses any other model, besides her default clothing.

So it would take someone who could remove the head part of the model, while leaving the animations intact. The same was done for a few other models, such as Sion's.

Archived