Home

Weapon Finesse?

ytuio9`

The guides that I have read claim that weapon finesse makes it so that your dexterity or strength bonus is added to the damage output, whichever is higher. When I read the feat's description however, I understood it to mean the converse of that: that it allows your strength bonus to be added to the chance to hit, whichever is higher. Is this just some misunderstanding on my part?

Nope... it's correct as the feats say it. With finesse it's either dexterity or stength added to the chance to hit, whichever is highest. Note that this is the default behavior of lightsabers in KOTOR1 too without any feat (in KOTOR2 you need the feat).

Strength always decides what damage bonus you get applied, with or without finesse feat.

Thanks for your reply. It looks like a lot of people think that finesse will add to the damage output if your dexterity is higher but I kind of thought that wasn't true when I made a heavy dexterity build. At any rate, dexterity is better imo. because I tend to find strength enhancing gear more than dexterity enhancing gear, and the defence bonus is always nice.

Thanks again!

Archived