Home

Kotor 2 Graphic lags/freezes

shikitono

Hey guys, u have to help another Jedi from Europe

I just finished Kotor 1, and tryed to reroll Kotor 2 since 4 days, im still lvl 2...u can guess already something`s wrong right ?

I was able to play Kotor 1 with not a single crash or lag suprise suprise

I can start Kotor 2 as usual, but i have permanent freezes all 5-10 seconds everywhere inside the game menu inside the game within dialogs...the force...ehm lag is everywhere. Im pretty sure that the game hates the Hd 6900 series. What do u guys think is there any hope i will play the game with my hardware ? ^^

I made everything as i did with Kotor 1. A clean Installation as Admin + international patches first 1.0a then 1.0b. I start all *.exe* with compability to Windows XP Service Pack 2. I put the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" into the swotor2.ini under Graphic Options. Directx 9.0c ist also present on my pc. I also tryed these strange mss32.dll but for godsake the horrible lags/freezes dont fade.

If i check the auto hardware detecting its shows the same as before in Kotor 1 ( rdpdd chained dd 2048 MB ) yeye my videocard dosent meet the requirements blabla. But unlike in Kotor 1 i have rly the feeling as would i play with a Pc from 1992. :p

I tried 8 different Videocard driver from amd/ati but no change. Is there anyone with a clue to this ? Kotor 1 & Kotor 2 have the same engine or not ?? Why it works perfectly for the older game and the newer one sucks thats strange.

help

My specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Amd 6 core 3,6 ghz

Ati Radeon HD 6950 (catalyst 12.2)

8 GB corsair Gddr5

700W power supply

Archived