Home

Voodoo 2 problems

inzane

I have SLI Creative Labs Voodoo 2's , but ALWAYS the game defaults to use the 1st 3D device (an OLD S3 AGP, which SUX in games).

I change the settings in the config prog, but still the S3 is used... I have tried OPENGL, it works with voodoo2, but it is EXTREMELY SLOW on my PII-450 I have also disabled SLI, but in vain... Any ideas???

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

I use a Voodoo2 (Monster 3d2).

The game always defaults to my ATI 3d Rage Pro, which surprisingly runs alright, but very slow.

I got it once to try the Voodoo, although I don't know exaclty how, but it crashed...

I checked the registry entries, and it does say to use the Voodoo there...

Ideas anyone?

I am also having this problem. When you choose the Monster card in Config options, then start the game, it always goes back to the Primary Display Adapter. Also, there is a large, white rectangle at the top left of the screen during startup, and when the game starts, bits of Guybrush are white.

The troubleshooting guide says that the card is compatible, and the driver version I hav is up to date.

Help!

Arrow,

in my case it's quite easy to tell, since my monitor has 2 signal inputs, so I use one for the Voodoo2 and one for the rpimary adapter...if I don't have to change the input on my monitor, something's definitely fishy.

Archived