Home

Herman Toothrot (little spoiler)

medic1373

I need to get an item from Herman according to the walkthrough. It says to talk to him until you get it from him. When I talk to him the only thing I can say is "Herman?" Then he says "Where?" and laughs. He doesn't say anything else. Now I can't get the item and therefore I am stuck on monkey island forever. Whats up with that?

You need to restore Herman's memory, so first try to bonk him on the head with a coconut. Then find out what he remembers, and what made him lose his memory prior that what he remembers now... You'll need to find that item and bonk him on the head with it.

------------------

"Show me a man who's gentle and kind, and I'll show you a loser."

-Meet the Parents

I don't think you get it. I've hit him on the head with everything I own, including the coconut, the bottle and the accordian and his only reply to anything is "Herman? Where?" that's it. I can't get anything else from him even when I say 'talk to herman' after bonking him I get the same response. this has to be some kind of glitch. What else can I do aside from starting the whole game over again? (No I don't have any previous saved games to fall back on).

Well, you have some options...

1. [*]Keep bonking Herman on the head with the coconut.

[*]Contact LucasArts Tech Support and tell them about it, making sure you tell them EVERYTHING you've tried, and your system specs (How the **** was I supposed to know what you've tried when you didn't say anything?)

[*]Use someone else's savegame. I could upload one and make it available after I get home, or maybe someone else might upload one before I do.

[*]Go figure out other puzzles, and hope the bug goes away (not likely, but who knows).

[/list=a]

------------------

-Meet the Parents

I have the same problem...I have done EVERYTHING in monkey island and after three, full of frustration days, i decided to take a peek at a walkthrough.Imagine my surprize when i realized that there is a bug and i tried the correct answer already!In my "version" Herman doesn't mention a coconut at all-i hit him because i had a hunch...Furthermore, after that, he doesn't mention the acordeon...I took it and banged him with that too...with no result-then i looked for a walkthrough...HELP

I tried to download the saved games-this server really sucks, i can't downlad the saved games-please email me one!!!(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE).Preferably after the monkey combat because i don't want to go through that again(Actualy i only need the symbol to start the damned monkey)

------------------

I don't think just sending you a savegame from after Monkey Kombat will work very well, since you still need to know the combinations for a later confrontation. Plus, I didn't upload one last night, so I won't be able to until later tonight, after I get home.

At any rate, here are some other sites you can try to download from, which hopefully will work better than MySpace..

1. [*]
XDrive Game 1

[*]XDrive Game 2

[*]XDrive Game 3

[*]NBCi Sharehouse Game 1

[*]NBCi Sharehouse Game 2

[*]NBCi Sharehouse Game 3

[/list=a]

The XDrive file links will only work for one week (so anyone reading this, please check when this message was posted to see if they work); I'm not sure how long NBCi will keep the files.

I'll upload the savegame from after Monkey Kombat later, and post the links here.

------------------

-Meet the Parents

Hey brief, just wanted to say thanks for the saved games. Now my game works, Herman talks to me! He never actually said anything about his accordian like the book says he's supposed to but since I knew he needed it I used it and it worked. It seems to me that this game has way too many bugs! Thanks again.

Archived