Home

Endless Play and Grind mod

j12r34

After a long hiatus, I think I may finally be ready to take another run at this project. However, I won't be able to do it alone. My ability to mod is limited to what can be done in Kotor Tool, and my knowledge of it is still very limited. I need help from any modders who are willing and able to contribute if this is ever going to go anywhere. Also, I might benefit from any example scripts and details of how they work and what they do. Most of my learning is based on reverse-engineering things that already work. I still have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to scripting, and the few things I've tried have failed miserably.

What I can do myself :

(1) Concepts and Ideas. (The easiest part of any project)

(2) Character, NPC, and Item re-balancing.

(3) Re-balance pricing and placement of items.

(4) Anything else that can be accomplished with Kotor Tool, a

calculator, pen, and

notepad.

What I need someone else to do :

(1) Scripting.

(2) Module editing.

(3) Modelling, mapping, and textures. (Possibly)

(4) Anything I have failed to consider that someone thinks would be

a good contribution to the spirit of the project.

I would still like to learn scripting, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon. I won't actually resume working on the mod until I have some help, as the re-balancing won't work without some of the other things, most importantly the unlimited NPC's for the character to fight.

The current priorities are: (* means I need someone to do this for me)

*(1) Make all of the general NPC's respawn.

(2) Re-balance character progression, item statistics and prices, NPC

statistics.

If you want to work on a part of the project, reply here so everyone is on the same page. If you have ideas, suggestions, criticism, or advice, please message me so as to avoid cluttering up the thread.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived