Home

Problems with computer I think

Originally posted by Resembalence?:

You've posted 30 times in 18 hours. isn't that enough for you? Cuz' I used to like south park, and now I think I'm sick of it

[This message has been edited by Resembalence? (edited July 04, 2001).]

Yes Resembalence is right, you are posting to much!! and you never give clear answers. ou are only complaining about nothing, and your topics are bullsh*t to!!

Guys, calm down there's no need to argue if you don't like his posts, you don't have to read them, has it ever occured to any of you that he may not be good with English because he isn't from an English speaking country? There's a few people on here who weren't that good with English when they first started posting on here and now their English is very very good. Yes maybe some of his posts are annoying, but like I said you don't have to read them. Although Dave, I don't blame you for being angry about what happened with the double post in the clues and hints forum.

Drunken, perhaps next time instead of replying to each message in the topic, read all the posts in the topic first and then reply in one message, so people don't get angry with you, it's just a suggestion, and it's up to you, but at least that way you're not annoying people or anything and if you need to add something to your message you can edit the message afterwards smile.gif

------------------

hugs.gif

Natty- I might be cute, but I'm also part of the crusade against Oil Filters...

Originally posted by DeadEyeDave:

Yes Resembalence is right, you are posting to much!! and you never give clear answers. ou are only complaining about nothing, and your topics are bullsh*t to!!

These words are said from one who posted free copies from the Monkey Island games on A MONKEY ISLAND FANS FORUM!!!!

------------------

generic1.gif

faof4.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_UK

Originally posted by Natty:

Guys, calm down there's no need to argue if you don't like his posts, you don't have to read them, has it ever occured to any of you that he may not be good with English because he isn't from an English speaking country? There's a few people on here who weren't that good with English when they first started posting on here and now their English is very very good. Yes maybe some of his posts are annoying, but like I said you don't have to read them. Although Dave, I don't blame you for being angry about what happened with the double post in the clues and hints forum.

Drunken, perhaps next time instead of replying to each message in the topic, read all the posts in the topic first and then reply in one message, so people don't get angry with you, it's just a suggestion, and it's up to you, but at least that way you're not annoying people or anything and if you need to add something to your message you can edit the message afterwards smile.gif

But I like posting messages frown.gif.Ok ok I shall calm down a little bit.

------------------

generic1.gif

faof4.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_UK

Originally posted by DeadEyeDave:

and you never give clear answers. ]

Answers that is not clear are HINTS!Not solutions which you posted in one of the topics.And I don't think you are the right person to talk about bullsh*t topics."Here's a free Monkey Island 2 game.""Just send me a mail and you get it."That is what I call useless topics in our forum.But let us forget all this and start again.Peace for now if you don't mind.

------------------

generic1.gif

faof4.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_UK

Everyone has their own way of giving clues out, I still think the funniest was Dr._Threepwood though smile.gif

------------------

hugs.gif

Natty- I might be cute, but I'm also part of the crusade against Oil Filters...

If you are using MS Internet Explorer 5 or less, there was a problem with "refresh" ...it didn't always function. try downloading the 5.5 upgrade (if you are using explorer, that is) get the upgrade of whatever browswer you use. In the meantime...try closing the window and re-open a new window...see if this works.

I don't think a lack of RAM would cause your problem...consider turning off the pictures in you browser option. Without the signiture-graphics, you will get a better response time from the browser.

but there is a little program from this site:

www.nonags.com

Do a search on the word "rambooster"

It's a small little program that you can launch and clear all available MEMORY, while other programs are running...it's useful to anyone.

Also check your hard-drive for free space...virtual memory demands HDisk space.

Good Luck...

[This message has been edited by raVen_image (edited July 06, 2001).]

I don't see why not...but you should make a list of your computer's RAM and Free disk space and other capabilities.

There are recommended minimums for any software and since you haven't told me what you have..I can't effectively answer.

Go to their website and check.

Warning:...the download can take a long time...it's 25 MB I think...so if you can get a CD version...I recommend that first. It will be a lot quicker. Ask at your local ISP (mine keeps licenses for it's clients to have the current browsers)

Hope this helps...

If you are announcing it to me...then I say, "You have enough capacity to upgrade IExplorer to 5.5 and should.

Always upgrade the browser, because it is interpretting java code for you. If your java-libraries are out of date...certain pages won't display. And upgrading will solve your page-refresh problem to be sure.

If you can't get your hands on a CD version ...then go to the microsoft site and download the upgrade..it may take all night, because it's a large file.

Good Luck

Archived