Home

KOTOR2 won't even start up!

Strange12000

Hi there. I did previously make a post on another thread but I felt my problem was actually unique so decided to make a new one instead.

My problem is that an error message pops up after I try to start up the game saying

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords has encountered a problem and needs to close..." etc etc

I click the blue link in the message window and it says -

Error signature

Appnameswkotor2.exe AppVer: 2.2.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll

ModVer 5.1.2600.6055 Offset: 000116f4

When I click through to the next part of the error report there is a lot of information which I won't post up but obviously can do on request. It does, however, point to a file (C:\DOCUME~1\RICHAR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\56ce_appcompat.txt) implying that is where the error comes from I think? To be honest I am not too sure.

OS - XP Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Gfx - Geforce 9500 GT

Proc - intel dual core e8400 (3.0ghz)

Because I'm running the game through Steam I don't seem have access to the launcher which would give me access to the troubleshooter (or whatever you call it) within the game.

The things I have tried are starting the game in windowed mode by editing the .ini file. I have updated my video drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times. I have tried to install some of the mods that clear up some games original bugs and glitches. Still nothing.

If any other information is needed please let me know and I will do my best to supply you with that information. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

A very lost Jedi wannabe.

Archived